Enough with always upgrading firmware. I unplugged the router and was using a different one. But, the hardware is so good - thought of trying something more to atleast achieve the minimul settings I want. My demand from a wireless router are minimum following
- Capability of defining local network range.
- Custom DNS
- Blocking URL ( including https or compressed web pages )
- Complete control over Wireless Channels, Frequencies.
- Options to disable or enable either 2.4 or 5 or both.
- Same opportunity in Guest Mode.
- DMZ and Port forwarding.
Even if this router having all the capabilities, but updates are blocking those features one by one. So, found an easy way to get the settings which exists on the router but not visible on Frontend directly. Access the following URL on your router to configure it in your way
For setting up custom DNS, check my older post here